Friday, September 02, 2005

Like Two Shoes In A Hurricane

My appologies to Martina McBride or whatever country singer sang "Two Sparrows In A Hurricane," but I just read this wonderful story by Jaye at Winding Road in an Urban Area about Madame Secretary of State Rice shopping for shoes, and I could not resist.

I have the day off today, and slept very late before getting up to work with some video files and still pics for a case set for trial Tuesday. Although it's 34th on the trial docket, I have a bad feeling it's going to go.

In addition to being a brilliant legal assistant, I also investigate and perform "expert imaging services," which means basically enhancing video and still photos for use at trial, and all of the analysis and reports that accompany things like that.

In this particular case, I am court appointed, or, rather, the office I work for is court appointed wih the caviat that I'm doing the work. This is an agg. assault case (w/a deadly weapon), and, of course, it involves a gas station, which means a four-quad video, which means I've had to separate pertinent panels into individual videos. And, there is so much video, I really need an external hard drive to handle some of it, but I'll make do without for this case.

And, though the office has all of our own equipment, the Court recently got an ELMO system, which can be use for documents and evidence. The flier I got from the court says you can also run video through it, but I think I'll be using the projector I've always used since (1) it was so damned expensive an (2) I'm very familiar with it.

At any rate, it should be a fun Labor Day Weekend.